• amoebasinger 9 months ago

Regarding Bob Marley & The Wailers - Three Little Birds there is a lot of enthusiasm for this record that was just put out by a Netherlands football team.
    Has the team logo on the cover, so a user says the soccer team is the artist.
    Also insists on using an artist joiner "x" which the user says is found on the football website.
    Claims that the release, as it is printed, should be ignored in this instance.

See copious amounts of banter in History, which are apparently employed to eclipse guidelines.

Poor unfortunate parties: kai81, subzzee, sam_clark.
    And subzzee voted EI on my last edit.

J
  • berothbr 9 months ago

subzzee accusing someone of being “slow” is completely unacceptable.
  • Jayfive 9 months ago

Jayfive edited 9 months ago
    amoebasinger
    Also insists on using an artist joiner "x" which the user says is found on the football website.

Nope. As on release. Not even a discussion.

berothbr
    subzzee accusing someone of being “slow” is completely unacceptable.

That is what you have issue with? How about we talk about "Have fun with your gas chamber hissing sounds in De Kuip."

For context, De Kuip is the stadium where Ajax rival team Feyenoord Rotterdam play and are known for their Jewish supporters.

Yeah.

Might as well make the edit because after shit like that this user is *done*. What a stupid way to burn down your 15 year old account.
  • berothbr 9 months ago

Jayfive
    That is what you have issue with? How about we talk about "Have fun with your gas chamber hissing sounds in De Kuip."
    I didn’t see that. Clearly that is awful and needs to be reported.
  • subzzee 9 months ago

Jayfive
    amoebasingerAlso insists on using an artist joiner "x" which the user says is found on the football website.

Nope. As on release. Not even a discussion.

berothbrsubzzee accusing someone of being “slow” is completely unacceptable.

For context, De Kuip is the stadium where Ajax rival team Feyenoord Rotterdam play and are known for their Jewish supporters.

Yeah.

Might as well make the edit because after shit like that this user is *done*. What a stupid way to burn down your 15 year old account.

We are the Jewish club. For context Feyenoord supporters sing “Hamas, Hamas, Joden an het gas” in their stadium directed at us. Not us at them.
  • berothbr 9 months ago

subzzee what you wrote is completely unacceptable.
  • amoebasinger 9 months ago

I think subbzee is taking it too personally. Take a breath. You're not in the arena right now. It's a record.
    I know it has you singing on it and stuff.
    But take a breath, follow the guidelines, and let's move on.

J
  • Jayfive 9 months ago

Serpent_Eve
    Actually, Ajax is the team known for its Jewish supporters.

No need for reporting.

subzzee
    We are the Jewish club. For context Feyenoord supporters sing “Hamas, Hamas, Joden an het gas” in their stadium directed at us. Not us at them.

OH WELL THAT MAKES IT ALL OK THEN.

Yes fine I got it the wrong way around and I'm a prize dumbass for doing so but do you guys hear yourselves? Read back what you typed on your heads. "No need for reporting"??? Are you f**king serious? Why is anyone bringing that kind of shit up at all geniuses?
  • Serpent_Eve 9 months ago

Never said you're dumbass, never claimed myself being a genius. I merely commented to point out that subzee's De Kuip line in the submission history was wrongly understood and he shouldn't be reported for it and his account being banned.

Why did he ever brought the subject, that I'd never know. Does his account has to be "burned down" as a consequence of this? No, in my opinion.

Still, thanks for owing to your mistake/football knowledge mix up. Peace out.
  • subzzee 9 months ago

The person who is trolling the release, without even a copy in hand, is also cheering for Feyenoord in the comments while he is at it. So I said, enjoy your hissing noises you guys make at us in your stadium you losers, you should probably not be here, because this is an Ajax record. He is a rival supporter policing a release from our club. Context is everything and so many people want to have their say on this record and they don’t even have a copy or know what they are looking at.
  • Jayfive 9 months ago

Serpent_Eve
    I merely commented to point out that subzee's De Kuip line in the submission history was wrongly understood and he shouldn't be reported for it and his account being banned.

It was fully understood. To bring shit like that up AT ALL is hate speech and Discogs does not tolerate hate speech.

Serpent_Eve
    Why did he ever brought the subject, that I'd never know. Does his account has to be "burned down" as a consequence of this? No, in my opinion.

A bit of pointless football banter is a lot different from full-on hate speech.

subzzee
    The person who is trolling the release, without even a copy in hand, is also cheering for Feyenoord in the comments while he is at it. So I said, enjoy your hissing noises you guys make at us in your stadium you losers, you should probably not be here, because this is an Ajax record.

Yeah. And that's a holocaust joke. Hate speech. And you'll get what's coming to you for that.

subzzee
    He is a rival supporter policing a release from our club.

No he's not. He's in the US and just saw something to needle you with. Not that he's right to do so, it's petty, childish and unhelpful. But that doesn't excuse the response.

subzzee
    Context is everything and so many people want to have their say on this record and they don’t even have a copy or know what they are looking at.

Why does anyone have to own it to understand see what is and isn't on the front cover?
  • subzzee 9 months ago

If you pick a far-right leaning club, that makes horrible hissing sounds in their stadium to cheer against us. Then let me remind you, what you are doing there. I merely pointed it out. It was not intended as a joke, and we are not the anti-Semite’s you are trying to paint us as. They are. Remember, next time, Mokum Amsterdam has always been a safe haven for the Jewish community. They are not the Jewish club as you tried to make it seem. We are.
  • rdvriese 9 months ago

Ajax =/= De Ajax Supporters, regardless of how much some fans may identify with the club.

Ideally this submission needs more photos to verify what the release actually says 'cause clearly the data input by this user cannot be trusted. But what's clear already is that Ajax is not an artist, maybe a label.

Just file an SR and EI any more incorrect edits by this user.
  • subzzee 9 months ago

Incorrect edits? I added most the labels, companies and general information on this submission. The initial submission info was incomplete, and I am pretty confident I am one of two people in this conversation who are actually looking at a copy of this record.
  • BaldGhost 9 months ago

in all this ridiculous back and forth can someone please confirm the gas chamber comment was reported? jesus christ
  • subzzee 9 months ago

You do realize they are the ones that do that to us. So in defending myself I can’t point out their atrocities?
  • Jayfive 9 months ago

subzzee
    If you pick a far-right leaning club, that makes horrible hissing sounds in their stadium to cheer against us. Then let me remind you, what you are doing there. I merely pointed it out. It was not intended as a joke, and we are not the anti-Semite’s you are trying to paint us as. They are. Remember, next time, Mokum Amsterdam has always been a safe haven for the Jewish community. They are not the Jewish club as you tried to make it seem. We are.

You're not fooling anyone with his back-pedalling.

subzzee
    and I am pretty confident I am one of two people in this conversation who are actually looking at a copy of this record.

Again, owning it or not doesnt mean anything. We can all see what it says on the release.

BaldGhost
    in all this ridiculous back and forth can someone please confirm the gas chamber comment was reported? jesus christ

You bet it was. Amongst other things regarding this user's conduct.
  • subzzee 9 months ago

No you can’t. There are no pictures of the actual record uploaded, so the only reason you know what it says, is because I and one two other guysadded the information. You want to dispute the validity without even having eyes on the actual information written on the label. Next you want to tell me I am insulting a Jewish club, when it was actually the other way around. In your mind somehow, I am anti-Semitic still, even though you don’t even know which club is Jewish, and why someone from Amsterdam might react that way, when they burn down your supporters home, sing nasty songs, you are just looking for your bias to be somehow confirmed, but the reality is you might not actually know enough about the situation here between the two clubs in the Netherlands, to fully grasp what’s going on. You’ve already come to two incorrect conclusions in the course of this thread. 1) that Feyenoord is Jewish when in reality they curse Jews , and 2) that I am Anti-Semitic, when in actuality we defend them. Think about it.
  • Jayfive 9 months ago

A toddler would have understood to keep quiet at this point.

subzzee
    No you can’t. There are no pictures of the actual record uploaded

The front cover is right there on the submission page. Whats the difference between that picture and the item you have there? If there's something extra or different on the centre labels, take a picture and upload them.

Also please do explain why anyone should listen to a word you say when everything you have said has been peppered with insults directed at anyone who agrees with you.

Also this isn't about it being Ajax. It could have been Albecete, Augsberg, Atalanta or Accrington Stanley and the argument would have been the same.
  • rdvriese 9 months ago

subzzee
    Incorrect edits? I added most the labels, companies and general information on this submission.

That's not saying much, if you're adding them incorrectly.
  • subzzee 9 months ago

I am not your child. You also have a very strong opinion about something you know nothing about. Maybe I upload scans, maybe I leave the submission as is, maybe you can buy the record and check for yourself. Go through the entire order process and if you somehow miss the title on the order form of what you are actually purchasing and what is printed on your receipt, then I can’t help you. It’s impossible to discuss art with someone who has never actually experienced it. Maybe after you play the record, you can appreciate it.
  • Jayfive 9 months ago

Shouldn't De Ajax Fans and De Ajax Supporters be made into one artist entry?

One might also make a case for AFC Ajax and Ajax Selectie but not Ajax And Friends

subzzee
    Maybe I upload scans, maybe I leave the submission as is, maybe you can buy the record and check for yourself.

So you'd rather make a point then contribute to the database. Yeah, you're really acting in the spirit of the project. Grow up.

subzzee
    Go through the entire order process and if you somehow miss the title on the order form of what you are actually purchasing and what is printed on your receipt,

What is written on the release itself cancels this out. Every time.

subzzee
    It’s impossible to discuss art with someone who has never actually experienced it. Maybe after you play the record, you can appreciate it.

What has listening to the release go to do with anything? I don't need to listen to it to see what is written.
  • rdvriese 9 months ago

subzzee
    discuss art

Too funny.
  • subzzee 9 months ago

rdvriese
    subzzeeIncorrect edits? I added most the labels, companies and general information on this submission.

That's not saying much, if you're adding them incorrectly.

Where? I literally took the title from the order form. It’s also an exclusive dealer
  • Jayfive 9 months ago

subzzee
    Where? I literally took the title from the order form. It’s also an exclusive dealer

You take the information from the RELEASE. Nothing on any website, advert, receipt or anything supersedes this.
  • subzzee 9 months ago

How do you overlook a big blaring Ajax crest on the cover? It’s not Coca-Cola, the B-Side is a live recording of the ambiance in the stadium. I listed it exactly as those who put the record out.
  • Jayfive 9 months ago

subzzee
    How do you overlook a big blaring Ajax crest on the cover?

BRANDING NOT ARTIST.

Stop asking the same questions over and over again when they have been answered.

subzzee
    It’s not Coca-Cola, the B-Side is a live recording of the ambiance in the stadium.

Yes, and that is credited correctly in the tracklist. Which is a seperate entity from the main artist.

subzzee
    . I listed it exactly as those who put the record out.

No you didn't. You added main artist information that simply is not there.
  • subzzee 9 months ago

True! You are correct there, the main artist information was added, to avoid confusion that the B-Side was somehow BM&TW performing live in the ArenA, because that was clearly not understood. But both the Ajax logo (not to be confused with the label) and Bob Marley & The Wailers, both appear on the label, implying a cross collaboration, with the original on the A-Side and the Ajax supporters singing on the B.Side
  • subzzee 9 months ago

For some reason you don’t feel Ajax are warranted as artists, when it is their crowd, their stadium, and they are the ones who put the record out.
  • subzzee 9 months ago

Jayfive
    Shouldn't De Ajax Fans and De Ajax Supporters be made into one artist entry?

If you don't know the difference, you should probably focus on other things that are relevant in the U.K. after Brexit
  • subzzee 9 months ago

I'm a bit peeved here... What do you expect, next time someone creates a mock entry for the release, incorrect label, wrong data, just to claim credit, just to be first.

I ignored all that nonsense and made a proper submission for the record. Next it gets merged with the nonsense, and this guy with the incorrect info gets the credit. Then I am over here battling NPC's talking about my edits. W in the T...entire..!? Seriously/
  • subzzee 9 months ago

Hate us all you want we will continue to sing our hearts out!! !!